The Aviation Security team is seeking an enthusiastic, customer obsessed Aviation Security Manager (AvSec Manager) to provide support and oversight for cargo transportation efforts within Amazon Air. This will encompass new initiatives for the transportation supply chain involving Amazon owned and third-party delivery methods. The incumbent will be responsible for developing and leading the site security team and enforcing risk-based security standards by ensuring compliance with corporate policies, federal regulations, and standardized processes.
Responsibilities will also include ongoing assessment of operating risks and the development of appropriate mitigation strategies to sustain business operations, existing and future.
The AvSec Manager will be a strong leader who embraces Amazon’s core values and is excited about an opportunity to influence and support our growing Amazon Air network. This key role will support the Amazon Air operation programs by understanding, implementing, and validating security requirements to ensure employees, third party vendors, visitors, and our assets (lives, buildings, equipment, inventory, data, & intellectual property) are secure and that the organization is prepared to properly respond to various security related emergencies. Applicants must have a demonstrated ability to utilize security and management expertise to challenge conventional wisdom, think strategically, communicate effectively, drive results, and leverage the necessary technical support that will be provided by both Amazon and third-party technical experts.
As part of the Aviation Security team, the AvSec Manager will create, establish, and verify compliance with security procedures, regulatory standards, physical security design standards, and policies. Other responsibilities include:
- Be the primary owner for Aviation Security at the site and be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with the Airport Security Director and Regulatory partners.
- Evaluate and introduce industry knowledge and best practices on transportation security efforts for Air Cargo
- Provide guidance and support to the Amazon Air Operations teams from a security perspective
- Manage information from various reporting tools to determine and manage risks
- Implement security and shrinkage control programs to protect assets from loss due to internal/external theft and operational issues
- Review security practices and procedures to ensure that they are in line with regulatory compliance
- Ensure timelines and expectations are met for timely, ethical, and professional investigations into theft and workplace incidents
- Support crisis management planning and emergency response for Amazon Air, both third party and Amazon owned assets
- Lead site investigations into allegations of regulatory violations and mitigate regulatory enforcement
- Learn Amazon’s Excellence System (ACES) and apply its concepts including; Lean Six Sigma and Kaizens so that system and related process waste is eliminated
- Utilize Security Management Systems (SeMS) to identify root cause and develop mitigating processes to reduce risk
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree (or higher) in security or related field or equivalent professional experience
- Extensive experience in one or all of the following disciplines; corporate security management, transportation/supply chain security, aviation security
- Extensive experience in a customer service driven environment
- Extensive experience conducting workplace risk investigations
- Experience with all Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel within the role
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or security badges for unescorted access privileges to airport security areas (where applicable.)
- Must be able to pass an airport security clearance
- Extensive Aviation Regulatory Security Compliance experience
- Experience with physical security control and surveillance systems
- Interviewing and Interrogation experience desired. Wicklander & Zulawksi certification
- Workplace Violence and/or Business Continuity experience
- Lean Six Sigma and/or Green/Black Belt Certified
- Aviation Security Manager (m/f/d)
- Job ID: 1034271 | Amazon Logistik GmbH
- Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering