ALSA s.a., Luxembourg Aviation Safety Agency is acting under the supervision of Luxembourg Civil Aviation Authority and is fully owned by the State of Luxembourg.
Airworthiness Inspector (M/F) (Luxembourg)
Certification and oversight of organisations and aircrafts in the field of airworthiness; Issuance of specific authorizations; Representation of the Luxembourg Civil Aviation Authority in national and international meetings.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Head of Airworthiness Department in charge of the certification of continuing airworthiness organisations, maintenance organisations, maintenance training organisations, production organisations, your scope of work will include:
- Analysis and approval of the documentation and manuals of organisations within the limits of your qualifications;
- Inspections and Audits of approved organisations within the limits of your qualifications;
- Performance of airworthiness reviews and inspections of aircraft registered or to be registered in Luxembourg;
- Study of technical subjects or specific requests;
- Assistance to organisations or aircraft owners;
- Technical support to the Head of Department;
- Follow-up of ICAO/EU regulations in relation with airworthiness;
- Development of internal procedures and checklists;
- Collaboration with other departments in the study of files related to your field of competence;
- Participation in international working groups or workshops if necessary;
- Promotion of civil aviation in Luxembourg.
Full-time job based in Luxembourg.
Education, experience, technical skills and competences:
- Post-secondary aeronautical education of a duration of at least 3 years and 3 years of experience in an airline, a maintenance organisation or within an Aviation Authority in a position dealing with Airworthiness on large aeroplanes, or
- Post-secondary education with a duration of at least 3 years and at least 5 years of experience in aircraft maintenance or continuing airworthiness, or
- 10 years minimum of experience in aircraft maintenance or continuing airworthiness;
- Meeting EASA conditions to perform an Airworthiness Review on large aeroplanes and/or helicopters within an Authority;
- Practical experience and expertise in the application of aviation safety standards and safe operating practices;
- Good knowledge of ICAO and EASA aviation regulations and industry standards concerning initial and continuing airworthiness;
- Good command of both written and spoken English. Good knowledge of French and/or German language is an asset;
- MS Office and computer literate;
- Experience in an EASA Member National Aviation Authority is an asset;
- Experience as an auditor will considered as an advantage.
Social & personal skills:
- Good ability to synthetize and to analyze complex problems;
- Effective organization skills, ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects;
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines under demanding conditions;
- Commitment to promote a service minded and customer oriented administration;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, initiative and self-driven personality;
- Effective communication skills;
- Capacity to work in a multicultural environment;
- Good team spirit and ability to work as part of a team;
- Willing to travel worldwide;
- Clean criminal record (pre-employment and background assessment will be done).
To apply, please send CV and motivation letter till 07/01/2019 to
4 rue Lou Hemmer
or via mail: